
27 June, 2009
So it's 2330 and I'm pulling Fireguard again tonight, except tonight's is a little different, I'm in full ACU's (Army Combat Uniform), my IBA (Infantry Battle Armor) and ACH (Armored Combat Helmet). Normally we get to be in just our PT clothes. The reason for all this is because once again, our platoon is just freakin messed up. I'm seriously getting to the point of actally hating this platoon an have been thinking of restarting so that I'm not with all these retards. So the other night someone or someones tried to break into the DS office. And the DS found out because whoever it was damaged some of the door. No one wanted to fess up to doing it so the entire platoon is now getting punished for it. Last night we had fireguard where half the bay was on fireguard and the other half got to sleep, we did it in 2 hour intervals so that wasy you got some real sleep. But after I pulled my second shift, which ended at 0300 I got wke up at 0338 because some of the guys were to to the line and saying that the DS wanted everyone awake. So there was about 28 people on shift and he found 12 of them asleep. So yeah, that was not good. We had to do front, back, go's for like 30 minutes and then it was 0400 and the DS told us to clean out our lockers. So we had to do that until 0530 and then he came by and messed them up if they weren't good enough. And when I say mess up, I mean pulled EVERYTHING out, drawers and all, and threw stuff across the room. Luckily mine passed his inspection.
28 June, 2009
Ok so last night just sucked.
03 July, 2009
Wow, so It has been a while since I have written and ALOT has happened. I think I've forgotten a lot of stuff, I'm sorry about that. But I did get the letters from home! That really made my day so much better! It took me two days to read Kayla's novel that she sent, but all my mail made me smile. Alright, so didn't finish telling you about the inspection the other night. When they were going through my stuff they started to read my journal and they read the part about becoming PG and me saying I think that DS Nelson has a little respect for me because she chose me for PG. Well, DS Stephens fead it and then told me that DS Nelson had absolutely no respect for me at all. I didn't believe him though, and then later that week I had proof he was wrong. We'll get to that later though. So Saturday night sucked because more people fell asleep on fireguard and we have to continue the 50% for the next week. Okay so Fireguard is basically 2 people stay up for an hour and clean and make sure people aren't trying to sneak out or break into the supply room. So one guy sits at the desk and one guy cleans and the they switch half way through or every 15 minutes or whatever they want. So the 50% fireguard is 1/2 of the people in our bay. So yeah it really sucks because you sleep for an hour and then you're up for an hour and so on. It really is not fun and we've been ding it all week. So only sleeping 4 hours a night or less is taking its toll on the body. But anywho, I didn't make it to church on Sunday cuz they never called us down to take us over to the building. I was extremely upset. So Monday was another day of training and uh....I don't really remember what exactly we did. All they days are starting to run together. Except Tuesday. Tuesaday was really fun and exciting. So we went on a road march with our full ruck sack so like 60lbs maybe more... and we got to stay the night! During the day we did all kinds of squad movements, how to attack an enemy if they open fire on you while on a march, how to cross a road, how to clear a room. It was all super fun and exciting! I didn't hear this myself but I was told from several different people that DS Lee was talking to DS Nelson and he was saying that I'm the Librarian and just book smart and don't have common sense, and he asked DS Nelson's opinion and if they could fire me as PG and DS Nelson started yelling at him saying no she wont fire me and sticking up for me! It was really cool, it made me happy. That night we slept in the open, it was really quite nice outside and also we didn't have to do 50% fireguard. So I acutally got 7 1/2 hours of sleep! It was SOOO nice! The rest of the week we did classes on cleaning our weapons and how to aim them. It was pretty cool.
04 July, 2009
Well today is the 4th of July and it was quite a nice day today. We didn't have to do any training just had persnal time all day! AND we got to watch movies! We watched Black Hawk Down and Tears of the Sun. It as nice to jus relax. We did have to do PT right after dinner so that was no fun. But other than that, it was a good day. I took a nap in the morning, and just hung out in the bay. And guess what? No 50% fireguard today or I should say tonight! And tomorrow is Sunday and I'm going to church no matter what, even if I have to walk to it I will. So Thursday while we were doing PT in our bay, DS Nelson was conducting it while she was doing paper work to get people out of the Army. We have a couple of girls that have just refused to train cuz they aren't strong enough and DS Nelson was chewing them out for it. And just a few hours early we had done peer evaluations on one another and she started to call out the people who were screw ups and jokers, and basically told them that the rest of us would never go to battle witht them, etc. It was really a wake up call for a lot of them, and all I have to say is it's about freakin' time! Anyway, after that she started pointing out good examples in our group and then she said "And Gross, My ACE!" My jaw pretty much fell to the floor, I didn't think she liked me that much, but it proved me right, she does have some respect for me. Then she said "You know why I like Gross? Cause Gross gets sh** done!" (and that was quoting what she said) That really made my day, I guess all my effort isn't in vain. Well it's getting late, it's already 2200 so I'm going to head to bed. Signing off for the night.
05 July, 2009
So it's Sunday morning at 0712. Just got done with chow and wanted to get some writing in before church. Wold like to take a nap too, but I don't know that that will happen. We go to chow and then just hang out in the bay until they call us down. Well, just got done getting ready for church now i'm just waiting until they call for us... Okay so now I'm really upset!!! This is the second week in a row that they didn't call us down for LDS services. And I know they haven't called for it because I've been sitting by the intercom the whole time and nothing. Yet they swear, oh excuse me they 'guarentee' was the exact word they used, they guarentee they called us down for it. When I went down to take to Johnson, who is also LDS, he said he never got the call either. So yeah they're screwing over the LDS people cause after I talked to Johnson I went to ask if I could still go and they said the van was already gone. When I got back up to the bay I heard them call for Jewish and Protestants. So yeah, I'm angry. Well, I'm going to take a nap, then read the scriptures...