
22 June, 2009
So today we had another road march and we marched out the the obstical course. It was way cool!!! We had different objectives and situations at all 6 locations. We did really well in our small group of 15, we won 5 out of the 6 against a differet platoon. We didn't accomplish all the tasks on all of them but we were always way close. Like we just needed on or 2 people toget across to finish and time would run out. We did complete 2 of them completly though. Its a lot to explain all the couses and its kinda late right now so I'll wirte about them tomorrow.
23 June, 2009
Day started off reall ywell had lots of fun until the end right around 2100 which is lights out and now its almost 2200 and I'm just barely getting to bed. Didn't get to shower and have to sleep in stinky PT clothes cuz my clothes haven't been washed the 2 weeks I have sent them down to get washed. Cuz only 2 people can wash the clothes for the whole platoon and they keep screwing everyone over. But hey good news is I was made PG today, they fired the one guy that they had in charge and DS Nelson the mean black lady put me in charge. It was kinda cool that she respects me enought to put me in charge, but then...I didn't relly want it, like all the responsibility that goes along with it. Especially cuz this group doesn't listen to anyone, not even the Drill Sargetns. They ar getting better about being quiet in formation though, so that's good. So yeah, I hve mixed emotions about being in charge, but I'm going to do my very best while I am in charge and maybe I'll be able to get this group under control. I have been able to win over most of them, but some are just harder than others. I'm thinking it's going to be like the mission as to some people will accept the teachings because of my kindness, others because of my example, and then others will just not care at all and fight and reject it. So I really need to get to bed cuz its late and every morning is getting harder to wake up. So signing out by saying "you stay classy San Diego."
24 June, 2009
Just finished my cleaning duties on fireguard and now have a half hour before the next shift so going to get this done to keep me awake. Since it is 2330, of 1130 to those non military time keepers. So yesterday the combatives part was way fun cuz we got to fight with the pugil sticks, the giant cotton swabs. It was a thrill let me tell you. But I had to fight agianst a guy I like though. We had a good bout. He go the 'kill' because he knocked me down on to the ground with a phs and then hit me once. He says that I really won the match cuz I hit him like 20 times before he knocked me down. My bunk mate Hady was picked to bout in the company championship. And with his wrestling skills he was a shoein. He won the middle weight of the company and Mike from our platoon won the light weight, so we had 2 of the 3 best guy fighters in the company.
Got to go will write more later...sorry! -Kayla
So today we had another road march and we marched out the the obstical course. It was way cool!!! We had different objectives and situations at all 6 locations. We did really well in our small group of 15, we won 5 out of the 6 against a differet platoon. We didn't accomplish all the tasks on all of them but we were always way close. Like we just needed on or 2 people toget across to finish and time would run out. We did complete 2 of them completly though. Its a lot to explain all the couses and its kinda late right now so I'll wirte about them tomorrow.
23 June, 2009
Day started off reall ywell had lots of fun until the end right around 2100 which is lights out and now its almost 2200 and I'm just barely getting to bed. Didn't get to shower and have to sleep in stinky PT clothes cuz my clothes haven't been washed the 2 weeks I have sent them down to get washed. Cuz only 2 people can wash the clothes for the whole platoon and they keep screwing everyone over. But hey good news is I was made PG today, they fired the one guy that they had in charge and DS Nelson the mean black lady put me in charge. It was kinda cool that she respects me enought to put me in charge, but then...I didn't relly want it, like all the responsibility that goes along with it. Especially cuz this group doesn't listen to anyone, not even the Drill Sargetns. They ar getting better about being quiet in formation though, so that's good. So yeah, I hve mixed emotions about being in charge, but I'm going to do my very best while I am in charge and maybe I'll be able to get this group under control. I have been able to win over most of them, but some are just harder than others. I'm thinking it's going to be like the mission as to some people will accept the teachings because of my kindness, others because of my example, and then others will just not care at all and fight and reject it. So I really need to get to bed cuz its late and every morning is getting harder to wake up. So signing out by saying "you stay classy San Diego."
24 June, 2009
Just finished my cleaning duties on fireguard and now have a half hour before the next shift so going to get this done to keep me awake. Since it is 2330, of 1130 to those non military time keepers. So yesterday the combatives part was way fun cuz we got to fight with the pugil sticks, the giant cotton swabs. It was a thrill let me tell you. But I had to fight agianst a guy I like though. We had a good bout. He go the 'kill' because he knocked me down on to the ground with a phs and then hit me once. He says that I really won the match cuz I hit him like 20 times before he knocked me down. My bunk mate Hady was picked to bout in the company championship. And with his wrestling skills he was a shoein. He won the middle weight of the company and Mike from our platoon won the light weight, so we had 2 of the 3 best guy fighters in the company.
Got to go will write more later...sorry! -Kayla